January SOAP: Unfinished
1. SCRIPTURES: Gen 49:29-33
- Jacob was in his dying moment
- He gathered all his sons and gave instructions to bury him in that plot of land his grandfather Abraham bought in the promised Canaan
- Jacob's generation still didn't get to enter the Promised land
- God's promise to Abraham that his descendents would inherit Canaan took a process to fulfill.
- Likewise, God's plans for us may take a while to be fulfilled.
- God's people were shaped in their journey to the Promised land Canaan. Their faith was tested. Their understanding of God increased. Their encounters with God was enriching
- God is not only interested in the end. Perhaps the means to the end may be more important for shaping us than the end itself
- God is UNFINISHED with us.
- Lord, I'm an UNFINISHED product.
- Help me not to only focused on the end but to see you in the journey to the end.
- Help me to appreciate the lessons you are teaching me in the process... Amen!