February SOAP: Faith in the Indescribable Collision
1. SCRIPTURES: Heb 4:14-16
- The author of Hebrews encouraged us to hold firm to faith in Jesus because Jesus had performed His duty as our Great High Priest
- Jesus as the Great High Priest is able to mediate for us perfectly before the Heavenly Father because through experiencing humanity Himself, He is able to empathize with our weaknesses while yet possessing the Sonship position with the Heavenly Father .
- Therefore we can go to Jesus with confidence so that we may receive mercy and grace to help us in our time of need
- Grace is getting a good that we don't deserve
- Mercy is being spared of a bad that we deserve
- When we are in need, as a believer in Christ, we can boldly go to Jesus to obtain both of these
- Lord, thank you for allowing your divinity and humanity to collide that a man like me can boldly go to you for grace and mercy in my times of need because You understand. Amen!