February SOAP: Faith believes the Holy Spirit gives
1. SCRIPTURES: 1 Cor 12:1-11
- Paul was perhaps addressing a problem in the Church about the manifestation of gifts
- Probably, some were 'displaying' the gifts of the Spirit but were actually under demonic influence
- Paul began to highlight the difference and pointed people to the litmus test of identifying the real work of the Holy Spirit
- Believers will be given supernatural gifts as the Holy Spirit determines
- The gifts are for the common good
- The reality of the Holy Spirit is demonstrated through tangible power by the manifestation of spiritual gifts.
- Believers are expected to live supernatural lifestyle for the common good so that Christ is exalted
Lord, let your Church rise to be a powerhouse soaked in LOVE that people's lives will be supernaturally impacted through the manifestation of spiritual gifts and touched by the evidence of genuine Christian love. Amen!