January SOAP: Don't turn back
1. SCRIPTURES: Gen 12-13
- Abram was obedient to the call of God to leave Egypt based upon a Promise
- He uprooted and took everything with him (v5) showing his obedience
- Due to a famine, Abram turned back to Egypt for refuge
- Abram compromised his integrity back in Egypt just to ensure he survived
- Abram was blessed through his human trickery (v16)
- This blessing through human hands created a logistical problem between Abram and Lot which caused tension and division
- When God gives a vision, He will give the provision in His time and ways
- Taking things into our own hands shortchanges this process of God fulfilling His vision in our lives in full measure
- Is there a call/vision that God gave us in 2013? Don't turn back. Keep walking with Him into His Promise especially when pressures surmount.
Lord, help me to fix my eyes on you ahead when I walk towards Your Promise/Purpose/Plans for 2013. Never turn back... Amen!