March SOAP: Strategy of Temptation - Disregarding God's Word
1. SCRIPTURES: 2 Tim 3:1-5, 4:1-4
- In the last days, EVIL WILL COMPOUND
- Apostle Paul described how evil might compound even in believers.
"People will love only themselves and their money, boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred, unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good, betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God"
- Because of the greatness of evil,
- People will depart from the Word of God or be selective in what they want to hear
- Ultimately, we will all be judged one day by God whether the living or the dead
- Apostle Paul challenged Timothy to persevere in the Word of truth
- He challenged Timothy not to shy away from using the Word to patiently correct, rebuke and encourage
- The temptation to satisfy the flesh is huge and very real
- The last days will become increasingly evil, we must be sober and not detract from obedience to the whole counsel of God's Word
- The way to escape temptation is to stick to the Word of God
- Lord, let me embrace all of your Word. Let me be on guard against lawless living. And when there is spiritual conviction to avoid sin, may there be a resolve to be obedient to You. Amen.