April SOAP: Wisdom is a Person
1. SCRIPTURES: Pro 1
- Having wisdom helps a person to walk right, disciplined and successful life
- The naive simply cannot recognize wisdom (v22)
- The mockers laugh at wisdom (v22)
- The fools actually hate wisdom (v22)
- The context in which wisdom is acquired is relational in a parent/child relationship (v8)
- 1 Cor 1:30 "It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption."
- Wisdom is a person. Jesus is our wisdom. As we build that intimate relationship with Christ, we get wisdom as a result
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Pro 1: 7
The start of wisdom is when we embrace Jesus (My own)
Look to Christ today!