May SOAP: Better vs Bitter... It's always a choice
1. SCRIPTURES: Proverbs 15:16-17
16 Better to have little, with fear for the Lord, than to have great treasure and inner turmoil.
17 A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate.
- v16 and v17 are comparison proverbs for our wise consideration
- The peace of mind gotten from walking right with God even if resulting in little seems better than material gain that brings no peace probably from decisions made that are not right.
- Proverbs 15:16 however is not suggesting we should have little. Having Peace and pleasing God is the point
- Likewise v17 highlights the better enjoyment derived from eating with a person you love rather from the food itself
- Choose wisely that will build your heart to be truly happy for v13 says, "A happy heart makes the face cheerful,but heartache crushes the spirit"
Lord, may I choose the better deal than end up eating the bitter 'meal'. Amen!