January SOAP: What you treasure
1. SCRIPTURES: Gen 43; 46:1-4
- Jacob was so reluctant to let Benjamin his son go to Egypt
- He was afraid of losing this son if he allowed Benjamin to go
- His thinking is that he had lost his precious son Joseph (son of his precious wife Rachel). He didn't want to lose the 2nd son, birthed from Rachel as well
- Upon getting a vision from God that his son Joseph was alive and he would see him again, he gathered all that he had to meet him in Egypt even at the risk of his old age.
- You wouldn't want to give up what's precious to you.
- Conversely you would do all you can to get what's precious to you.
- Think about what's precious to you. Does it include your family members?
Lord, may I include my family as those whom I will not give up and those whom I will pursue. Amen!