June SOAP: Extreme Kindness
1. SCRIPTURES: Gal 2:11-14
- Apostle Paul confronted Cephas, one of the leaders to the Jewish believers, of not acting in love when he purposely disassociated himself from the non-Jew believers because of the pressure to follow Jewish customs
- Paul did this in love so as to disciple these followers of Christ in the truth of the gospel that reconciled all man unto God through faith in Christ regardless of ethnicity and race.
- What Paul did was tough but necessary for the interests of the entire body of Christ
- Being kind doesn't always mean making others feel good or putting relational tensions aside
- Spiritual kindness is to pursue the best interest of another person
- Sometimes, saying what is difficult but true is kinder than avoiding relational conflict
- We have to constantly check within us whether our confrontation is an act of kindness or just out of anger and spite
Lord, when I need to practise extreme kindness as an act of love, give me your wisdom and grace to do so.