June SOAP: Gentleness - The Beam on Christ's Yoke
1. SCRIPTURES: Matt 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
- Jesus invites those who are weary and burdened to come to Him and He will give rest
- Weariness from physical exhaustion, lack of sleep, etc caused by excessive exertion
- Burdened from the heavy loads of life problems and troubles
- The yoke that Jesus mentioned is His Word
- His Yoke (Word) has this gentleness that rests the battered souls unlike normal yokes that only load the carriers of the yoke to exhaustion.
- Christ doesn't use us and drive us like ox. The world does to squeeze everything out of us
- Christ leads us besides quiet waters, He refreshes our souls through His gentleness
- Driving people harder may seem to be the way to increase productivity as how farmers drive their oxen. However giving needed rest may be more productive instead.
Displaying gentleness to others, patiently bearing with their failures and faults may be the best approach to love and grow people
Lord, let me treat people with Your gentleness that refreshes their souls. Amen