June SOAP: Self Control? Or is it better to be Christ-controlled?
1. SCRIPTURES: 1 Cor 6:12-20
- Paul gave the principle of exercising control - that is knowing that we can do anything but choose not to because it may not be beneficial and God-honoring
- He gave this principle in the context of food and sex - the 2 common areas where self-control is more needed.
- The freedom to do anything must be sanctioned by God-honoring discernment
- How do I become more self-controlled? When you turn yourself over to the control of the Holy Spirit
Lord, help me stop striving to be self-controlled for I will fail. Let me focused on being Christ-controlled, for when I'm walking in Him, He naturally restrains me for my benefit. Amen